Ocean shipping from USA to Nigeria made easy
Are you looking to ship heavy and bulky items via Ocean from US to Nigeria through an affordable and reliable means? Then look no further as Shiptonaija Ocean freight service is here to solve your shipping needs via Ocean from US to Nigeria.
Ocean shipping from USA to Nigeria: Simply involves three major shipping methods, which include RORO (ROLL-ON ROLL-OFF), container shipping, and breakbulk shipping.
- RORO shipping is a shipping method whereby the items are drove in and out of the vessel on their own wheels. Examples of items that can be shipped using RORO shipping methods are cars, trucks, tractors, semi-trailers, trailers, etc. RORO shipping is the easiest and most affordable system of shipping cars via ocean from USA to Nigeria. This is important to note that it is not advisable to ship personal effects through RORO ocean shipping from from USA to Nigeria, as the security of the personal items cannot be guaranteed.
- Container shipping is the act of loading into a container for the purpose of shipping via ocean. There are several sizes of container, in this article, details of the three main sizes that is frequently used in container shipping will be discussed. With Shiptonaija, you can have your items shipped from the USA via ocean freight to various parts of Nigeria in 6-8 weeks.
Key issues people face using ocean shipping from USA to Nigeria
If you have ever had to experience the issues below with any shipping company while shipping containers from USA to Nigeria, then it’s time to change your current shipper.
- Poor customer service.
- Damaged or missing item.
- Extra charge often even after making all payment.
- Exorbitant charge on Demurrage due to customs clearing delay
- Delayed transit time over two months.
Shiptonaija solution to issues people face while shipping from USA to Nigeria via Ocean
- At Shiptonaija, we have well trained professional customer service personnel, who are always available 18 hours daily to attend to all your request.
- We have professional well-trained shipping and warehouse personnel to handle your shipment without any damage or missing item. Should incase anything happens to your item, we guarantee you 100% money back.
- At Shiptonaija, our prices are transparent and will be communicated to you prior to shipping. There are no hidden charges attached.
- At Shiptonaija, we have our professional in-house customs clearing personnel that will ensure that your containers are cleared out of customer within a maximum period of 7 days.
- Our partnership with some of the fastest vessel lines guarantees our 6 to 8 weeks of transit time for all our ocean shipping from USA to Nigeria.
If you have experienced any of the above outlined issues, this is the right time to join Shiptonaija to enjoy our stress free and affordable ocean shipping from USA to Nigeria.
Types of container shipping
- Less than container load (LCL)
Our less than container load ocean freight shipping is the most preferred sea freight by our customers.
Because we are customer centric and we know not all customers can afford to ship a full container load from USA to Nigeria, hence, we provide this ocean shipping option that afford customers the opportunity to ship small and also large package via ocean freight shipping from USA to Nigeria.
This option provides our customers with the most affordable cost of shipping via Ocean from US to Nigeria. With this option, we consolidate different customer's small packages to make up a full 40ft container. We load a minimum of four 40ft containers weekly using this service.
- Full container load (FCL)
Full container load will cost you more, but your car/Items are the only things in the container. The great news is, if you have exotic, expensive or rare vehicles like Bentleys, Ferraris, Aston Martins, etc. When you want special treatment for your items shipping exclusive is the way to go.
Our Ocean freight rate
The cost from our Atlanta facility to the port of duty in Tin can Sea Port in Lagos is:
- 20 ft Container $4450
- 40 ft Container $4950
The cost from our Houston Facility to the port of duty in Tin can Sea Port in Lagos is:
- 20 ft Container $4450
- 40 ft Container $4900
- Delayed transit time over two months.
For less than container load (LCL), please get a quote https://www.shiptonaija.com/#shipping-cost
Our shipping methods and their estimated time of arrival are:
- Ocean Priority is a shipping method that offers customers 7 weeks after a shipment has been loaded into a container.
- Ocean Standard is a shipping method that offers customers 9 weeks after a shipment has been loaded into a container.
We also offer a percentage off on container shipping from USA to Nigeria, ranging from 12.5% to 75% of 40FT containers. For percentage off on container shipping cost, send a mail to email@example.com
You can also get our ocean freight quote using our automated quote system https://www.shiptonaija.com/#shipping-cost
Container sizes and their maximum weight capacity
There are several sizes of ocean container shipping, but below are details of the three main sizes that is frequently used in container shipping.
- 20’GP=20FT for general use. The maximum weight capacity that is legally allowed for a 20FT container is 20,000kg.
- 40’GP=40FT for general use. The maximum weight capacity that is legally allowed for a 40FT container is 20,200kg.
- 40’HC=40 feet high cube. The maximum weight capacity that is legally allowed for 40FT high cube container is 26,300kg.
Breakbulk shipping involves the transportation of heavy equipment via ocean. These are usually items that cannot fit inside a container and must be loaded individually.
Please call us now on TEL: 346 888 SHIP 9JA (+1 888 7447 952) with details of your breakbulk item. We will provide you with the best affordable ocean freight service.
Sample image of RORO ocean shipping of cars
Sample image of breakbulk
Sample image of 40ft container
Why choose Shiptonaija ocean shipping from USA to Nigeria
Shiptonaija is a USA based shipping company with branches in Houston Texas, Atlanta Georgia and Lagos Nigeria, designed to help you receive and deliver items from USA to Nigeria. Our focus is to deliver your shipment from any of our service locations stress free.
- Since 2016 we have served over 20,000 customers from Houston, Atlanta and Nigeria.
- We are rated 4.9 on Facebook with over 2500 followers on Instagram
Below are some of the solutions we have provided to our over 20,000 customers to enable them to ensure a stress-free shipping via ocean from US to Nigeria
Our tracking system is second to none. We provide you detailed update via our mobile app, text messages and emails of your packages as they move from one location to another. You can also track on our website just by entering your unique shipping number.
At Shiptonaija, we offer one of the best customer care services you can ever imagine. Our professional trained customer service personnel are always available 18 hours a day to attend to all your ocean freight shipping needs.
We are in partnership with Consolidated Hallmark which is one of the leading insurance companies, guarantees you 100% money back of the value of your items plus the shipping cost, should incase your items get missing or damaged.
Ocean shipment loading from our Houston warehouse
We load a minimum of 4 containers every week, with this, there is no delay on your shipment, as items are loaded as soon as they arrive at any of our warehouses.
No hidden cost
The first shipping cost you pay is the final cost. There are no hidden costs. For the cost of shipping via ocean from the USA to Nigeria click here
How to ship via ocean using Shiptonaija
- If you live in Houston - Drop off at any of our pickup locations (See list of drop off locations all over the USA)
- If you live outside Houston - Use our automated system right from our website on the Shiptonaija app. To use the automated system, please follow this procedure
- Sign up for a free Shiptonaija account. Click here to sign up now. You can also download the ShipToNaija app on android and IOS stores.
- Log into your account and select “FedEx/UPS" drop off” and select “Request Pick Up”. Fill in the details of your shipment. Where you are not sure of the weight, use estimated values. We will correct this on receipt.
- You will be able to pay for shipping from your address to the closest Shiptonaija warehouse. Once payment is made, we will automatically email you a shipping label and manifest to use to drop off the shipment.
- Print and stick the shipping label on your box and drop if off at any FedEx/UPS location.
Car ocean shipping
You can ship your vehicles with Shiptonaija inside a container. Shipping of cars inside a container as against RORO provides you safety against damages and theft. Also, the handling of vehicles from loading into the container in the USA to offloading in Nigeria is done by professionals.
Our containerized car shipping affords you the opportunity to load lots of personal items inside the car without any extra charge, and all items loaded inside your car are 100% secured and insured.
Our high value cars container shipping from USA to Nigeria also comes with special handling and special delivery. For all high valued car container shipping, we will deliver to your doorstep, using a special and professional delivery method without any additional cost.
- Drop off your car at any of our pickup locations (“See the list of drop off locations all over the USA”). Once dropped off, we will load into your account, and you will be able to see the full details of your car as it sails to Nigeria. You will get an email and an SMS alert on all aspects of its move to Nigeria.
If you are not in any of our pickup locations:
- Sign up for a free Shiptonaija account. “Click here to sign up now”. You can also download the ShipToNaija app on android and IOS stores.
- Log into your account and select “Ship My Car” and upload the details of your car.
- We will work with you, send a truck to pick up your car and do the rest as it sails to Nigeria.
Special car delivery
Special car delivery
Our customer's testimonials
We are trusted by over 15,000 Nigerians who have used our service happily to ship from the USA to various parts of Nigeria. Let us hear from some of them.
Click on any videos and hear from real customers
Happy customer sharing experience on how he enjoyed Affordable, Reliable Shipping and stress-free shipping from Houston to Nigeria
Happy customer sharing on how she experienced professionalism, reliability and timely delivery shipping with Shiptonaija
Happy customer recounting how he was able to track his goods and received the goods safely and stress-free shipping from Houston to Nigeria.
A happy customer sharing her experience on how she enjoyed regular status update, easy and stress-free shippingfrom Houston to Nigeria
Happy customer testifying to seamless and stress-free shipping experience with Shiptonaija all the time.
Excited customers narrating how Shiptonaija pampers customers and made shipping stress-free from Houston to Nigeria.
Joyful customer received her goods intact; her experience is as good as taking it there yourself.
Customer who experienced reliability first-hand says Shiptonaija delivered before the promised date from Houston to Lagos.
Glad customers share the unbeatable features of Shiptonaija she has experienced; tracking and excellent customer service.
We will not be beaten on price and can offer discounts based on the following:
- If you have a one-time volume shipment, call us to discuss what discount we can offer.
- We can also offer you a percentage off on a 40ft container space, call us to discuss this offer.
- See our “Pricing Page” to learn more about our current pricing and other discounts we can offer for volume shipments.
Ocean Shipping Process – 2 to 3 Containers Weekly Shipping
Our ocean freight process is quite straight forward and strictly on a first come first serve basis. Despite being on a first come first serve basis, most items will leave the warehouse within 1 to 3 weeks of been received as we ship 2 to 3 containers weekly from the Houston warehouse and 1 container every 1 to 2 weeks from the Atlanta warehouse.
Ocean Shipping Process – Once your shipment is paid for, it is booked on the next available shipment. For Ocean, we offer two levels of service.
- Priority Ocean Shipping – Customers that pay for priority shipping will have their items loaded first on all shipments. Hence, they have their shipment leaving the very week they were paid for. Priority shipments arrive in 6 to 8 weeks after payment.
- Standard Ocean Shipping – Customers that pay for standard shipping will have their items loaded before 3 weeks of making payment. Standard shipments arrive in 8 to 11 weeks after payment is made.
Ocean transit time to Nigeria is 5 to 6 weeks. Allow 1 to 2 weeks for clearing, for a total delivery time of 6 to 8 weeks on most shipments.
Our Guarantee to all customers
- 25% refund on your shipping cost if we delay your shipment beyond the estimated time. This is valid for all air and ocean shipping from the USA to Nigeria but excludes car shipping.
- 100% refund on your declared value and shipping cost if anything happens to your items. So, if after all the measures we have in place, for any reason something happens to your shipment, we will refund you the value declared when you were shipping the items, as well as your full shipping cost.