ShipToNaija provides an end-to-end customs clearance shipping solution, so we don’t only ship for you we are licensed to clear your goods at the Nigeria port.
Depending on the actual consignment, the PAAR, Bill of Laden/Airway Bill, and any other required documents, now in the hands of the clearing agent will be used to generate an assessment document, sometimes called a Custom Debit Note.
- This document will state clearly total amount of duty payable to Nigeria customs service.
- Our clearing agent will conduct the necessary examination with the Nigerian Customs, comparing the actual goods with the documents provided.
NOTE: Be wary of agents who prefer to always deliver goods very late at night or in the early hours of the morning. This should be a warning sign that they have not conducted the clearing operation the right way and may want to sneak the consignment out of the ports in connivance with certain persons. This can be seen with agents who request a fixed amount to clear shipments without requesting for the appropriate documents as we have stated above.
Documents Needed for Clearing
Depending on the class or type of goods you are moving to Nigeria, the following document might be necessary to you help make this a stress-free process:
- Form M
- Pre-Arrival Assessment Report (PAAR).
- Standards Organization of Nigeria Conformity Assessment Program Certificate (SONCAP).
- Original Bill of Lading, Sea Waybill, Air Waybill and in some instances Telex Release.
- Purchase Invoice.
- NAFDAC Certificate (If applicable).
- Packing List.
- Letter of Credit (If applicable).
- Plank Quarantine Certificate (Only applies when there is a wooden pallet in the imported container).
- Original document of duty waiver from government (If applicable).
For importation of finished products, importers may also need:
- Certificate of Manufacture and Free Sale – Issued and endorsed by the controlling authority of the country of origin.
- Certificate of Origin - Endorsed by the Government responsible for it in the country of origin.
- Certificates of Analysis of all batches.
- Health Certificate - Must be issued and endorsed by the responsible regulatory body in the country of origin.
Our clearing service is professionally handled and takes 2 – 4 business days for Air Freight and 6 days for Ocean shipment.
AIR SHIPPING | OCEAN SHIPPING | PACKAGE DROP OFF
Click here to get your free mailbox.
For more information call 888-SHIP-9JA (+1 888-7447-952)
or send us an email via email@example.com